Televue 60mm Solaris refractor Telescope
- Televue Solaris refractor
- Celestron Polaris German Equatorial Mount
- Daystar T-Scanner Hydrogen Alpha Filter
- Used for safe solar viewing of dark filaments, bright solar flares, traces of magnetic field lines, plages, and prominences.
Purchased from Edwin Hirsch, Tomkins Cove NY by the Fort Bend Astronomy Club in October 1992 with a $5000 donation by Fluor Corporation in Sugar Land. Edwin Hirsch is no longer in business. Sky and Telescope review August 1992. The Celestron Polaris mount was donated by longtime FBAC member Don Edwards in November 1992.
- 60mm f/30 refractor with a focal length of 69" (1750mm)
- Weight telescope and accessories = 10 lbs
- Weight of Polaris mount = 30 lbs
- 40mm eyepiece
- 44x magnification
- 40' field of view
- 2" Star Diagonal with 1.25" adapter
- 2" 2-element Barlow lens and corrector lens
- Daystar T-Scanner Hydrogen Alpha Filter with a 0.7 angstrom band centered at 6562.8 angstroms