StellarCAT/ServoCAT Telescope Drive System Notes
Updated June 22, 2007
Things that make this a good choice for the 18":
- Large installed base implies reliability.
- Possible second source servo driver from Sidereal Technology would mean whole system wouldn't need to be replaced if StellarCAT went out of business.
- Wireless hand paddle available.
- Wireless serial computer communications interface available.
- Has hardware plugin for CCD guiding interface.
- Few problems indicated on user forum.
Things that make this a poor choice for the 18":
- Doesn't provide ASCOM drivers. May be future software interface problem?
- Doesn't provide Periodic Error Correction for improved CCD imaging.
- Manufacturer has shown independant attitude but seems OK on user forum.