FBAC Volunteer T-Shirt Program
See an enlarged view of T-shirt
4th year of the FBAC VOLUNTEER T-Shirt Program from 9/1/13 to 8/31/14
The FBAC VOLUNTEER T-Shirt Program continues to be a real success, in its 3rd year a total of 81 T-Shirts were earned by club members. FBAC members attending the 14 AOW events, which had over 3620 students, teachers and parents attend, earned a total of 32 T-Shirts. And 62 different FBAC members volunteering out at the George Observatory volunteered an astounding 2106 hours, earning a total of 49 T-Shirts.
To help reward club members for their volunteering and to foster "team" spirit, as well as to promote our club the FBAC VOLUNTEER T-Shirts can only be earned (they are not available for purchase).
The FBAC VOLUNTEER T-Shirts are earned based on the following:
- How many Astronomy On Wheels (AOW) events you volunteer for, or separately
- How many hours you volunteer out at the George Observatory. There is no combining the two ways to earn a T-Shirt.
To earn a VOLUNTEER T-Shirt each FBAC calendar year starting September 1, of the current year an FBAC club member would have to pay the appropriate club dues (individual, family, etc.) and then would have to do the following:
AOW: After you volunteer for three (3) complete AOW events you will have earned an FBAC VOLUNTEER T-Shirt.
After six (6) complete AOW events you will have earned a second FBAC VOLUNTEER T-Shirt.
After nine (9) complete AOW events you will have earned an FBAC VOLUNTEER T-Shirt or an FBAC VOLUNTEER Long Sleeve T-Shirt or an FBAC embroidered hat.
After twelve (12), fifteen (15), or eighteen (18) complete AOW events you will have earned an FBAC VOLUNTEER T-Shirt or an FBAC VOLUNTEER Long Sleeve T-Shirt or an FBAC embroidered hat or an FBAC VOLUNTEER Sweat Shirt.
For every eight (8) events you will earn one free upgrade.
George Observatory: If you volunteer 20 hours at the George you would earn an FBAC VOLUNTEER T-Shirt. And then for every 40 more hours of volunteering you get another T-Shirt etc.
NOTE: Under the volunteering hours at the George, once you have earned your 3rd T-Shirt by volunteering for (100) hours, or your 4th T-Shirt by volunteering for (140) hours you can choose (at an up charge of $3 per hat) to get an FBAC embroidered hat instead of the T-Shirt. Yes you could decide to get two hats (at an up charge of $3 per hat) instead of your 3rd and 4th FBAC VOLUNTEER T-Shirts.
For every twelve (12) East Dome position (TO, ATO, or door) volunteers you will earn a free upgrade.
- Also, to be eligible for the FBAC VOLUNTEER T-Shirt Program, members of multiple clubs will have to list ONLY FBAC as their club when they log their hours on the George Observatory computer for their hours at the George to be counted.
- Additionally, Astronomy Day and Building Manager hours do not count.
- Regular FBAC "club" apparel will still be available for purchase, and all money made on FBAC apparel sales will be used to help defray the cost of the VOLUNTEER T-Shirt program. And to limit the financial exposure of the club, the club will not contribute more that $500 from the general fund this calendar year to the program (exclusive of the money made on apparel sales or donations).
- If an individual who has earned an FBAC VOLUNTEER T-Shirt and would like to get an FBAC VOLUNTEER Sweat Shirt or FBAC Long Sleeve T-Shirt instead, then that member will be responsible for pre-paying the difference in price from the VOLUNTEER T-Shirts which are the same price as "Club" T-Shirts, and the item chosen will have to then be ordered when the next FBAC apparel order is put in.
- Also, if a member elects not to take an FBAC VOLUNTEER T-Shirt that has been earned - there will be no trade or cash value in doing so.
- The maximum number of "items" meaning FBAC VOLUNTEER items (T-Shirts, Sweat Shirts, FBAC embroidered hats, etc.) that a member can earn in any given year will be limited to five (5). Yes, some people could earn a number of shirts, but they do need to be washed and those that would be getting them would be putting in a considerable amount of volunteering.
Thanks to all members for their considerable volunteer efforts!